List Entry on Historic England
Date first listed: 24-Sep-1951
- 5344 HIGH STREET (South Side) No 25 No 27 TR 0142 NW 1/4 24.9.51. II GV 2. Dated 1835. Originally a Savings Bank. 2 storeys and basement stuccoed. Cornice and parapet with pediment above the 2 window bays of No 25 containing a cartouche in the tympanum, and a panel above the centre of No 27. The cartouche has “Invicta 1835” and a white horse rampant, the Kent County symbol. Slate roof. 4 window bays. The 2 window bays of No 25 project slightly. The recessed sections on each side of this projection have a round-headed recess on each floor flanking it, which are all blind except that on the ground floor of the west wing which gives entrance to a passage between Nos 25 and 27. Round-headed windows on the ground floor with glazing bars intact. Stone flags to passageway.
Nos 19, 19A, 21 to 25 (odd), 25A, 27, 31 and 31A form a group.
Listing NGR: TR0111342772